Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 8 - Blogging from bed.

The throat flu from hell is still alive and well. The steroids helped though. I promise I won't be breaking any home-run records or competing in any international bicycle races, but the swelling is down. I slept in today and then gargled with the super-nasty numbing mouthwash so I could take a few bites of yogurt with walnuts and blueberries. I tossed a few pomegranate seeds in too. So good!



Feeling no better really, the thought crossed my mind that maybe I'd skip today's workout. The truth is, I wanted to do it. I'm sick and sore all over and was craving some movement.  I decided I'd do Standing Slim with Sadie. I remember it from last week and thought it was a little easier than Ballet Fit. Maybe a better sick option. My memory just isn't what it used to be. That is some serious ship. (Yes, I have two toddlers. I say ship.) But hey, if I'm only spending 30 minutes on my feet today, I'm glad I made it count.

Then I took the world's longest shower to just breathe in the steam. Is anyone else showering differently? I caught myself Pilates rolling up from shaving my legs. I really do feel more centered and balanced after just a week. So cool.

Now I'm back in bed. I had a Lara Bar for lunch. It's about all I could stomach AND it follows all the rules.




Tonight, I'm making the beans and rice recipe with some extra kale thrown in. I made these little goodies last night just as an experiment. I love the Barre3 "donut holes" but wanted to have another treat in my arsenal. These are just cashews and golden raisins with just enough SUPER dark chocolate (80%) to hold it together. Trader Joe's has some great dark Belgium chocolate options. Just melt in the microwave and spoon on. I'll let you know how they taste when my throat feels better.


How are you feeling at this point? I'd love to hear! Going to sleep now. Zzzzz

xo
Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment