Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 7. Recovery day.

So, ignoring my sore throat didn't work. I went to urgent care today and they gave me a steroid so my throat wouldn't swell closed. The Doctor assured me I wouldn't wake up with a mustache or small balls or something. "It's not that kind of steroid." I bet that's what they all say.

I have laid low all day today just letting my body recover. Eating has been the hardest part. It hurts to swallow, so I definitely haven't eaten much. I had yogurt with berries and walnuts this morning... probably a half a serving. Then tonight I had scrambled eggs and some pomegranate seeds. I set a record for the lowest amount ever of Nike Fuel points. It's good though. I am a terrible patient typically and won't sit still long enough to recover. I'm making my body a priority which is really saying something.

I haven't had enough liquids today either, so will finish off my 20 oz cup and sip on some chicken broth before bed. I'm taking a sick day from work tomorrow and plan to crawl out of bed long enough to spend 40 minutes with Candace for Ballet Fit.

Barre3 is really fantastic. The moves feel good to my body. I'm looking forward to it.

Also, I got on the scale this morning and am down 5 lbs in my first week! That means I only have 3 lbs of Holiday weight left to burn and then I'll be able to start getting ahead.

Yay! Thanks, Barre3!

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend and have been more successful than I at dodging this pesky flu bug.

xo
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment