Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 24 - 1, 2, 3 times a lady.

Soooo much success yesterday. I did not one, not two, but three workouts. The 40 minutes with Candace in the morning, then 15 minutes on the TreadClimber in the afternoon, and 10 more with Sadie in the NYC workout after dinner. This is my plan for the rest of the challenge. With my schedule, I find it nearly impossible to do an hour at once. I'd rather do multiple things throughout the day and give my metabolism lots of little reminders to get with the friggin program here.

It so fits with this awesome quote I just saw someone post: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." ~Aristotle

In other good news, dinner was great. I planned on making the Easy Red Bean and Quinoa chili, and then saw Sadie's Facebook post challenging us to skip the grains this week. So, I made it anyway, sans quinoa. When I told my husband it was super healthy, he said: "Really?" through a mouthful of delicious chili with a look of speculation on his handsome face. Score.




The recipe of what I actually made is down below if you're interested.

So this morning, I had a bright and early hair appointment for a color refresher and a trim. I am getting my hair and makeup done for Grammy night and wanted to make sure the gal has a good canvas to work on. Sitting in that hair chair made me realize how little time I have left and totally gave me that extra motivation to work hard this week. I needed the boost. This stupid cold is sucking all of the energy out of me. I guess the miracle of twin toddlers is that we bring home every germ on planet earth. Ugh.

Then my husband sent me an article that says Justin Timberlake may be performing at the Grammys. That sent me over the edge! If he's going to fall in love at first sight with me, I'd better keep at it.

I only had 30 minutes when I got home, so I did the Runners workout with Jenni. She crams a lot of hard work into it! TreadClimber again today, and then 10 minutes with Regan this evening.

For lunch, I had leftover chili and an orange. Dinner tonight, I'm thinking grilled chicken in a big salad.

Are you skipping the grains this week?

xo
Jenn



INGREDIENTS:1 can organic red beans
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 container of Trader Joe's pre-diced Mirepoix OR about 2/3 cup each of diced onion, celery, and carrots. 
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large orange pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
a dash of cinnamon
2 cups organic sugar-free tomato sauce
1 cup water
PREPARATION:
1. Drain your canned beans and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat (Tip: choose one that is large enough to hold the beans, too).
3. Add veggies, salt, garlic, pepper, and spices.
4. Sauté for several minutes, allowing the onion to soften.
6. Add rinsed beans to the veggie mixture and pour in the tomato sauce and water.  Simmer together for 30 minutes. Taste to add more salt or spices to meet your taste buds – enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment