Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 16 - Good jeans.

Last night's stir-fry was colorful and delish. It made a great lunch today too! I put my own spin on the Ginger Stir Fry recipe from the Barre3 blog by tossing in every veggie I had on hand. I also added about 1/4 cup of brown rice and a chicken breast in the mix just to make it a one bowl meal.


This morning I woke up VERY sore. I'm telling you, that Power Sculpt yesterday rocked my world. Today I did the 40 minute Burner with Sadie, showered, and then wiggled in to my pre-holiday weight jeans. They fit comfortably. Whew! Now... hopefully they'll be too big by the end of this thang. I'm taking the challenge all the way up to Grammy weekend, so instead of 28 to Great, it's more of a 33 to Grammmmmy. I feel like this is a realistic lifestyle for me to keep going with even after the fact, so that's encouraging. Though I will bring back in an occasional glass of wine or dessert, this way of eating just makes sense to me. Whole foods. No chemicals. Small jeans. I like it. 

I found a meatloaf recipe online last night that I'm going to attempt to make this evening. It follows the Barre3 rules and sounds easy enough to make. I'm subbing lean grass fed ground beef in for the turkey, and olive oil rather than safflower. I'll let you know how it comes out! 

xo 
Jenn

 Here it is: 

Here's a healthy meatball or meatloaf recipe courtesy of Tricia Williams, a New York City chef whose business, Food Matters NYC, delivers healthy meals to city dwellers every day. Make this on Sunday and you're set for several meals.

Turkey Quinoa Meatballs or Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf

Servings: 6 to 8

2 cups quinoa, cooked

1 pound ground turkey

1 Tbsp. safflower oil

½ cup carrots, small dice

½ cup celery small dice

1 red pepper, small dice

1 yellow pepper, small dice

½ cup Spanish onion, small dice

1 egg

1 Tbsp. chopped parsley

sea salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil, carrots, onions and celery. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add peppers and continue cooking until peppers are soft, about three minutes.

Remove from heat, set aside to cool.

In a large mixing bowl combine turkey, quinoa, vegetable mixture, parsley, eggs, sea salt and pepper. Mix by hand until ingredients are thoroughly combined.

For meatballs:

Roll into 1 inch balls. Brown in a nonstick skillet, turning frequently.

For meatloaf:

Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pack mixture into a nonstick 10 inch meatloaf pan. Glaze with applesauce or ketchup, if desired.

Cook for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.

Let cool.

Refrigerate up to three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment