Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 12 - Skin deep.

Well, the Harvest Lentil soup was a big hit. My handsome husband and I had it for dinner, then he took some for lunch today too. My Mother-in-law takes care of the boys on Fridays, so we had the rest of it for lunch. I'll definitely be making it again soon.

Mine looked nothing like the picture on the Barre3 blog, but it was pretty nonetheless. My sous chef time is limited to how long I can keep the boys entertained in their highchairs after they've finished their dinner. Therefore, whether the recipe said dice or mince... I cubed... quickly. I used some lovely heirlooms and red split lentils. Delicious and perfect for these cold winter days.





Day 12 has been a busy one! Music Together class for the twinnies was a whirlwind. I also spent 60 minutes this morning with smiling Sadie. The "diamonds" are a KILLER workout! Anyone? Whew! I felt that. I love the incline core work. It feels amazing to my back.

I made a bowl of Morning Muesli for breakfast. It's still my favorite. It gave me lots of energy to get through my crazy day. I took a picture... but I'll spare you the repetition :)

Can we talk about results now for minute? I told you about moving the putty, but today I noticed something else profound. My skin looks like the skin of a younger, carefree woman. After a week of being sick, this is the first day I had put on makeup in a while. I walked up to the mirror with my NARS super foundation at the ready when I saw my reflection... Let me back up a second.

I was diagnosed with rosacea after pregnancy, so I'm always blotchy. I'm used to having a moderate amount of puffiness around my nose and cheeks. With two toddlers, I can also always be counted on for dark circles and major under-eye baggage. Add the stress of an awesome but hyper-paced job, and I have a permanent acne-ish rash on my forehead. I've been seeing an esthetician for months now working on the forehead rash. We've tried just about everything, but it remains. Correction. Remained.

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but my entire face is blotch, puff, and bump free. Is it the diet? The workout? Did someone cast a spell on me? I don't know but I'll take it. Seriously, I feel like Ashton Kutcher is going to jump out from behind his hidden camera any moment and tell me that they swapped my skin in the night.

Anyway, I just put on a little blush and mascara and called it good. I'm not runway ready or anything, but I'm never this low-maintenance. Score!

Sadie, if you're reading... are these results typical?

Happy weekend! xo
Jenn




2 comments:

  1. Yay!! That is so awesome about your skin! And the soup looks amazing!! I may have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tasty! I might have to stick with this whole clean eating thing ;)

      Delete